For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A sweet, simple and fun to bake fruit cake.
|1 stick unsalted butter|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice, (fresh)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, (finely grated)|
|1 1/4 cups self-rising flour|
|5 nectarines, (halved and cut into quarters)|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Generously butter 9-inch pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup sugar and beat until bended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then lemon juice and lemon peel. Beat in flour until smooth. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Arrange enough nectarine slices atop batter in concentric circles to cover completely; press lightly to adhere. Mix cinnamon and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in small bowl. Sprinkle over cake.
- Bake until cake is golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Serve cake slightly warm or at room temperature.
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >