For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Italian-Style Chicken Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Lunchtime can't come any sooner.
|1/4 cup tomato pesto|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3/4 lb chicken breasts, skinless, boneless|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 loaf of ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally|
|16 basil leaves|
|3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers|
|1 tomato, thinly sliced|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise then set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and done. Remove from skillet to a cutting board and allow chicken to cool slightly. Cut chicken into thin slices, lengthwise.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place ciabatta, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Remove ciabatta from pan.
- Spread pesto mixture evenly over bread halves.
- Place chicken slices evenly over bottom half of ciabatta. Evenly place basil leaves atop chicken then sprinkle with cheese; place under broiler and broil for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts. Place bell pepper and tomato on top of cheese, cover with top half of bread then cut into 4 equal pieces.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >