For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mushroom and Chile Vegetarian Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Healthy, flavorful and easy to prepare.
|1 clove garlic, (minced)|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|1/2 pound Portobello mushrooms, (cleaned and sliced into 1/4-inch-wide strips)|
|8 corn tortillas, (warmed)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, (more for taste)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 poblano chile, (seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips)|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, (fresh, coarsely chopped)|
|1/2 yellow onion, (sliced into 1/4-inch-thick strips)|
|1 teaspoon lime juice|
|1 Roma tomato, (diced)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
- Pour oil into a saute pan, turn to medium heat and coat evenly.
- Once oil is simmering, add oregano and cumin. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, chile, 1 teaspoon salt and onion to pan. Cook for 7 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add remaining salt and mushrooms to pan. Stir and cook for 6 minutes. Mushrooms should be tender and browned.
- Remove pan from heat. Add lime juice, tomato and cilantro to pan. Sprinkle pepper and salt over top and stir.
- Spoon saute pan ingredients into tortillas.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|