For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Shrimp Creole
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this easy, tasty and fun to make dish.
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes|
|1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined|
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a small saucepan, cook beans until heated through, about 5 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, wine, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until just opaque, 3 minutes.
- Spoon rice and beans onto individual plates. Spoon shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.