For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Creole-Style Chicken Stir Fry
Rate this Recipe
A little spice and everything nice makes this a delicious dish.
|1 pound chicken breast tenders|
|1 cup okra|
|2 cups pepper stir fry mix|
|3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|3/4 teaspoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 can diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 cup parsley, chopped|
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then set over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders to skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add okra, stir fry mix, celery, thyme, red pepper, sugar and salt; stir to combine.
- Pour undrained tomatoes over chicken stir fry mixture then bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet then cook chicken an additional 3 minutes.
- Add butter and parsley to skillet; stir until butter melts.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >