For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized Onions, Butternut Squash and Bacon
Rate this Recipe
A huge step forward with the classic mac n cheese recipe.
|1 teaspoon salt|
|4 tablespoons bacon, (crumbled)|
|1 cup butternut squash, (puree)|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 apple, (chopped)|
|2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni|
|1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|1/2 cup onions, (sliced thin)|
|1 oz cream cheese|
|1/4 cup evaporated milk|
- Melt butter in a skillet on low heat. Once melted, add onions to skillet and cook for 30 minutes. (Onions should be caramelized)
- Follow directions for cooking macaroni. Drain water and return to pot, continue cooking on low heat.
- Add chicken broth, cream cheese, butternut squash puree, and evaporated milk to pasta pot. Stir ingredients together and season with salt.
- Add chopped apple and caramelized onions to pasta. Stir together well.
- Add Cheddar cheese to pot, stir together and serve. Top each serving with bacon.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >