For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Macaroni and Cheese with Caramelized Onions, Butternut Squash and Bacon
Rate this Recipe
A huge step forward with the classic mac n cheese recipe.
|1 teaspoon salt|
|4 tablespoons bacon, (crumbled)|
|1 cup butternut squash, (puree)|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 apple, (chopped)|
|2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni|
|1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|1/2 cup onions, (sliced thin)|
|1 oz cream cheese|
|1/4 cup evaporated milk|
- Melt butter in a skillet on low heat. Once melted, add onions to skillet and cook for 30 minutes. (Onions should be caramelized)
- Follow directions for cooking macaroni. Drain water and return to pot, continue cooking on low heat.
- Add chicken broth, cream cheese, butternut squash puree, and evaporated milk to pasta pot. Stir ingredients together and season with salt.
- Add chopped apple and caramelized onions to pasta. Stir together well.
- Add Cheddar cheese to pot, stir together and serve. Top each serving with bacon.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >