For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Baked Penne with Roasted Pepper Sauce
Rate this Recipe
A healthy and delicious dish that's so easy to make.
|1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese|
|1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs|
|8 oz penne|
|1/4 cup shredded smoked Gouda|
|2 tablespoons margarine|
|1 tablespoon yogurt|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 tablespoons flour|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat the inside of a medium square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill pot with water, bring to a boil. Add penne pasta once boiling. Cook until al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, melt margarine in a saucepan. After butter has melted, add pepper, butter and salt to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into saucepan, whisk ingredients together. Cook until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Add cheeses to sauce, whisk until fully melted. Add noodles to pan, stir together.
- Transfer saucepan ingredients to baking dish. Sprinkle panko over the top, and bake for 20 minutes. The top should begin to bubble and brown.
- As penne is baking, prepare sauce. Place greek yogurt and bell pepper in a blender/food processor. Blend until ingredients are smooth. Pour sauce over baked dish and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
Traditional Irish Recipes for St. Patrick's Day
Enjoy these classic Irish dishes in honor of St. Patrick's Day. There's the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie and even Irish Potato Soup. They're hearty, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >