For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Brown Sugar and Honey Cake
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 loaf
A slightly sweet pastry that’s great as an appetizer or dessert.
|4 eggs, (whites and yolks separated)|
|3 cups cake flour, (sifted)|
|1 cup buckwheat honey, (melted)|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 cup coffee, (warm)|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup brown sugar, (dark)|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Pour buckwheat honey into a saucepan. Bring pan to a boil, then let cool.
- Combine sugar and butter, mix together very well. Add egg yolks, beat until light and fluffy. Add honey to mixture and beat well.
- Combine salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and flour. Sift all ingredients together. Add coffee and mix together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour batter into greased Bundt pan. Place pan into oven, bake for 50 minutes. Reduce heat and bake additional 10 minutes. (Place toothpick into cake, done when toothpick comes out clean.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >