For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A classic Russian recipe that’s a family favorite.
|2 tablespoons flour, (1 tablespoon pounded with butter)|
|2 1/4 lb beef, (boneless)|
|2 cup broth|
|4 tablespoon ketchup|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 oz sour cream|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Cut beef into long thin strips, beat a little. Season with salt and pepper, roll in unbuttered flour.
- Cook onions in a skillet with broth on medium heat. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef strips to skillet. Fry until beef is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, fry 1 tablespoon buttered flour for 3 minutes. Add salt, sour cream and ketchup, stir all ingredients together. Let pan simmer.
- Pour sauce into skillet over meat. Cook meat on low heat for 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >