For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A classic Russian recipe that’s a family favorite.
|2 tablespoons flour, (1 tablespoon pounded with butter)|
|2 1/4 lb beef, (boneless)|
|2 cup broth|
|4 tablespoon ketchup|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 oz sour cream|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Cut beef into long thin strips, beat a little. Season with salt and pepper, roll in unbuttered flour.
- Cook onions in a skillet with broth on medium heat. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef strips to skillet. Fry until beef is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, fry 1 tablespoon buttered flour for 3 minutes. Add salt, sour cream and ketchup, stir all ingredients together. Let pan simmer.
- Pour sauce into skillet over meat. Cook meat on low heat for 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >