For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A classic Russian recipe that’s a family favorite.
|2 tablespoons flour, (1 tablespoon pounded with butter)|
|2 1/4 lb beef, (boneless)|
|2 cup broth|
|4 tablespoon ketchup|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 oz sour cream|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Cut beef into long thin strips, beat a little. Season with salt and pepper, roll in unbuttered flour.
- Cook onions in a skillet with broth on medium heat. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef strips to skillet. Fry until beef is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, fry 1 tablespoon buttered flour for 3 minutes. Add salt, sour cream and ketchup, stir all ingredients together. Let pan simmer.
- Pour sauce into skillet over meat. Cook meat on low heat for 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >