For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A classic Russian recipe that’s a family favorite.
|2 tablespoons flour, (1 tablespoon pounded with butter)|
|2 1/4 lb beef, (boneless)|
|2 cup broth|
|4 tablespoon ketchup|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 oz sour cream|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Cut beef into long thin strips, beat a little. Season with salt and pepper, roll in unbuttered flour.
- Cook onions in a skillet with broth on medium heat. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef strips to skillet. Fry until beef is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, fry 1 tablespoon buttered flour for 3 minutes. Add salt, sour cream and ketchup, stir all ingredients together. Let pan simmer.
- Pour sauce into skillet over meat. Cook meat on low heat for 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >