For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Authentic Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A classic Russian recipe that’s a family favorite.
|2 tablespoons flour, (1 tablespoon pounded with butter)|
|2 1/4 lb beef, (boneless)|
|2 cup broth|
|4 tablespoon ketchup|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|5 oz sour cream|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Cut beef into long thin strips, beat a little. Season with salt and pepper, roll in unbuttered flour.
- Cook onions in a skillet with broth on medium heat. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add beef strips to skillet. Fry until beef is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, fry 1 tablespoon buttered flour for 3 minutes. Add salt, sour cream and ketchup, stir all ingredients together. Let pan simmer.
- Pour sauce into skillet over meat. Cook meat on low heat for 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >