For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chocolaty and Creamy Pancakes
Rate this Recipe
This is like having dessert for breakfast!
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder, (dark chocolate)|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Cooking spray, (for skillet)|
|3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups coconut flake, (unsweetened)|
- For frosting
- Place coconut flakes in a food processor, mix until it form a cream-like butter.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to coconut flakes/butter. Add coconut milk slowly to make a frosting.
- For pancakes
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. Once hot, coat with cooking spray.
- Combine vanilla extract, coconut milk and canola oil in a small bowl. Stir ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine coconut milk mixture with cocoa powder mixture. Stir together very well. Add milk if batter is too thick.
- Spoon small amount of batter into skillet. Cook until batter begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Flip pancake and cook 2-3 minutes. Repeat process for remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes from skillet, place on plate and spoon on frosting.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >