For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chocolaty and Creamy Pancakes
Rate this Recipe
This is like having dessert for breakfast!
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder, (dark chocolate)|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Cooking spray, (for skillet)|
|3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups coconut flake, (unsweetened)|
- For frosting
- Place coconut flakes in a food processor, mix until it form a cream-like butter.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to coconut flakes/butter. Add coconut milk slowly to make a frosting.
- For pancakes
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. Once hot, coat with cooking spray.
- Combine vanilla extract, coconut milk and canola oil in a small bowl. Stir ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine coconut milk mixture with cocoa powder mixture. Stir together very well. Add milk if batter is too thick.
- Spoon small amount of batter into skillet. Cook until batter begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Flip pancake and cook 2-3 minutes. Repeat process for remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes from skillet, place on plate and spoon on frosting.
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >