For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chocolaty and Creamy Pancakes
Rate this Recipe
This is like having dessert for breakfast!
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder, (dark chocolate)|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Cooking spray, (for skillet)|
|3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk|
|1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups coconut flake, (unsweetened)|
- For frosting
- Place coconut flakes in a food processor, mix until it form a cream-like butter.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to coconut flakes/butter. Add coconut milk slowly to make a frosting.
- For pancakes
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat. Once hot, coat with cooking spray.
- Combine vanilla extract, coconut milk and canola oil in a small bowl. Stir ingredients together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine coconut milk mixture with cocoa powder mixture. Stir together very well. Add milk if batter is too thick.
- Spoon small amount of batter into skillet. Cook until batter begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Flip pancake and cook 2-3 minutes. Repeat process for remaining batter.
- Remove pancakes from skillet, place on plate and spoon on frosting.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >