For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
The Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Rate this Recipe
This grilled cheese has everything!
|2 slices sandwich bread, (your choice)|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|2 slices cheese, (any variety)|
|4 slices bacon|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1 tablespoon butter, (more for grilling)|
|3 hard boiled eggs, (peeled, sliced)|
|1 onion, (halved, sliced)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Hot sauce, (to taste)|
- Place slice of butter in a skillet. Melt on medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, cook onions for 20 minutes, stir frequently. Remove onions from skillet.
- Place bacon in the same skillet, cook until slightly crisp. Place bacon on paper towels once cooked to drain.
- Combine hot sauce with mayonnaise, stir together.
- Season boiled eggs with pepper and salt.
- Spread mayonnaise on both slices of bread. Layer cheese, bacon and eggs on bread. Butter outside of one slice of bread. Place in skillet, cook until golden brown. Butter other side of bread, cook again until golden brown. Cheese should be melted.
- Slice in half lengthwise, enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >