For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Chocolate and Cherry Bits Shortbread Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Fantastic cookies that are perfect for holiday sharing.
|2 sticks butter|
|2 teaspoons shortening|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped|
|12 oz white chocolate baking squares, finely chopped|
|2 drops red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix until the mixture forms tiny crumbs.
- Stir in cherries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate.
- Add almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture into a large smooth ball.
- Tear pieces off large dough ball and form 3/4-inch miniature balls. Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into sugar. Press glass on the tops of the small dough balls and flatten out to 1 1/2 inch rounds. Repeat process until dough is used up.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt and stir together shortening and remaining white chocolate in a saucepan on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >