For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Chocolate and Cherry Bits Shortbread Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Fantastic cookies that are perfect for holiday sharing.
|2 sticks butter|
|2 teaspoons shortening|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped|
|12 oz white chocolate baking squares, finely chopped|
|2 drops red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix until the mixture forms tiny crumbs.
- Stir in cherries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate.
- Add almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture into a large smooth ball.
- Tear pieces off large dough ball and form 3/4-inch miniature balls. Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into sugar. Press glass on the tops of the small dough balls and flatten out to 1 1/2 inch rounds. Repeat process until dough is used up.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt and stir together shortening and remaining white chocolate in a saucepan on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >