For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Chocolate and Cherry Bits Shortbread Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Fantastic cookies to share with your family and friends.
|2 sticks butter|
|2 teaspoons shortening|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup maraschino cherries|
|12 oz white chocolate baking squares, (finely chopped)|
|2 drops red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix until the mixture forms tiny crumbs.
- Stir in cherries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate.
- Add almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture into a large smooth ball.
- Tear pieces off large dough ball and form 3/4-inch miniature balls. Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into sugar. Press glass on the tops of the small dough balls and flatten out to 1 1/2 inch rounds. Repeat process until dough is used up.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt and stir together shortening and remaining white chocolate in a saucepan on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >