For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
White Chocolate and Cherry Bits Shortbread Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Fantastic cookies to share with your family and friends.
|2 sticks butter|
|2 teaspoons shortening|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/2 teaspoon almond extract|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup maraschino cherries|
|12 oz white chocolate baking squares, (finely chopped)|
|2 drops red food coloring|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large mixing bowl. Add butter and mix until the mixture forms tiny crumbs.
- Stir in cherries and 2/3 cup of white chocolate.
- Add almond extract and food coloring. Knead mixture into a large smooth ball.
- Tear pieces off large dough ball and form 3/4-inch miniature balls. Place dough balls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip the bottom of a drinking glass into sugar. Press glass on the tops of the small dough balls and flatten out to 1 1/2 inch rounds. Repeat process until dough is used up.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt and stir together shortening and remaining white chocolate in a saucepan on low heat.
- Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate. Let the excess drip off.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >