For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 dozen
A simple sugar cookie with a little something extra.
|3 cups flour|
|6 oz chocolate chips|
|1 cup butter|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract|
|1 teaspoons cream of tartar|
|3 drops green food coloring|
|6 oz creme de menthe baking chips|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar and butter together until fluffy.
- Add food coloring, peppermint extract and eggs to butter mix. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Combine, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a separate mixing bowl. Sift and gently stir together. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and mint chips to mix and stir well.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons size of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Repeat until dough is used up.
- Place baking sheet into oven, bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >