For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Chex and Mixed Nuts Clusters
Rate this Recipe
Chex mix just got a little better with a mixed nuts and a sweet glaze.
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|12 oz mixed nuts|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|6 cups Rice Chex cereal|
|6 oz cashews|
|1/2 cup agave nectar, (or honey)|
|2 sticks butter|
- Combine mixed nuts, rice chex and cashews in a large pan. Roast ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour agave nectar, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Bring ingredients to a boil. Once boiling, stir ingredients together thoroughly. Continue cooking and stirring, take a drop of the liquid and drop it in a glass of cold water. When it sticks together and forms a small ball, itâ??s done cooking.
- Add vanilla to agave mixture, stir together.
- After vanilla is evenly distributed, pour over cereal. Stir together, coating cereal evenly.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, pour cereal onto sheet and let cool.
- Once cooled, break into clusters.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >