For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Crushed Candy Cane Macaroons
Rate this Recipe
A tasty gluten-free dessert that’s extra festive for the holiday season.
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons milk|
|1 cup almond meal flour|
|2 candy canes, (crushed)|
|1 stick butter|
|2 1/3 cups powdered sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 egg whites, (room temperature)|
|2 teaspoons red food coloring, (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Combine and sift together 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar and almond flour.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Once soft peaks are formed, slowly add the powered sugar/almond flour mix in. Stir together until stiff peaks are formed.
- If using food coloring, add to mixture and continue stirring until evenly distributed.
- Pour macaroon mix onto parchment lined baking sheets. Pop any bubbles that form. Let the cookies sit on parchment paper for at least 30 minutes. The cookies are done when the top is hard and cookie shell does not come away when touched.
- Bake macaroons 20-25 minutes.
- Allow macaroons to cool until ready to handle, then remove macaroons from the parchment paper. Cool on a wire rack.
- As macaroons are cooling, combine remaining powered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together until they are airy.
- Spread buttercream mixture onto half the macaroons. Place other halves on to make sandwich-style cookies.
- Roll macaroons in crushed candy canes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >