For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Holiday Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Just in time for the holiday season, fruit centered cookies that are incredibly tasty!
|6 tablespoons strawberry jam|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|3/4 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup decorating sugar, (colored sugar)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Cookie cutters, (holiday shapes preferably)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter until fluffy. Once fluffy, add in vanilla extract and eggs. Mix ingredients together well.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Pour flour onto a flat surface. Cut cookie dough in half. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutter to create shaped cookies. Separate half of the cookies and use smaller cookie cutter to remove center. (i.e. use a small star to remove center of half the cookies) Sprinkle colored sugar over the cookies.
- Arrange cookies on cookie sheets, apart an inch apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cookies completely cool before spreading jam on the cookie halves with center intact. Place cookies without center atop cookies with jam.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >