For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Holiday Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Just in time for the holiday season, fruit centered cookies that are incredibly tasty!
|6 tablespoons strawberry jam|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|3/4 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup decorating sugar, (colored sugar)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Cookie cutters, (holiday shapes preferably)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter until fluffy. Once fluffy, add in vanilla extract and eggs. Mix ingredients together well.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Pour flour onto a flat surface. Cut cookie dough in half. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutter to create shaped cookies. Separate half of the cookies and use smaller cookie cutter to remove center. (i.e. use a small star to remove center of half the cookies) Sprinkle colored sugar over the cookies.
- Arrange cookies on cookie sheets, apart an inch apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cookies completely cool before spreading jam on the cookie halves with center intact. Place cookies without center atop cookies with jam.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >