For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cinnamon-Sugar Glazed Oatmeal Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 cookies
The cinnamon sugar glaze makes these cookies extra delicious.
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup powered sugar|
|1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|2 tablespoon milk|
|1 1/2 cups rolled oats|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup dried cranberries|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, in a mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, blend together butter and brown sugar with hand mixer until creamy. Then add in lemon zest and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until doughy. Add in cranberries and oats.
- Wet hands, work large handful of dough into balls. Place dough balls onto baking sheet. Flatten out dough into cookie form.
- Place baking sheet into oven, bake for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, mix together remaining cinnamon and powered sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk milk into bowl and add remaining vanilla extract. Contents should have smooth consistency.
- Spoon cinnamon glaze over cooled cookies.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >