For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cinnamon-Sugar Glazed Oatmeal Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 cookies
The cinnamon sugar glaze makes these cookies extra delicious.
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup powered sugar|
|1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|2 tablespoon milk|
|1 1/2 cups rolled oats|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1/2 cup dried cranberries|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together baking soda, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, in a mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, blend together butter and brown sugar with hand mixer until creamy. Then add in lemon zest and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until doughy. Add in cranberries and oats.
- Wet hands, work large handful of dough into balls. Place dough balls onto baking sheet. Flatten out dough into cookie form.
- Place baking sheet into oven, bake for 15 minutes. Let cookies cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, mix together remaining cinnamon and powered sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk milk into bowl and add remaining vanilla extract. Contents should have smooth consistency.
- Spoon cinnamon glaze over cooled cookies.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >