For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Scrambled Eggs with Tortilla Strips and Veggies (Migas)
Rate this Recipe
A true Tex-Mex breakfast cuisine favorite.
|4 corn tortillas, (cut into strips)|
|2 cups salsa|
|4 jalapeño peppers, (diced)|
|1 cup cilantro|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup cheese, (shredded, your preference)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1/3 cup peanut oil|
|1/2 cup onion, (diced)|
- Whisk together milk and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour peanut oil in a skillet, turn heat to medium-high. After hot, place tortilla strips in and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once half way through. Remove tortilla strips and let dry on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 table spoons of oil from skillet. Toss in the onion and jalapeños. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips and egg mixture to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese in top and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve eggs and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >