For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Scrambled Eggs with Tortilla Strips and Veggies (Migas)
Rate this Recipe
A true Tex-Mex breakfast cuisine favorite.
|4 corn tortillas, (cut into strips)|
|2 cups salsa|
|4 jalapeño peppers, (diced)|
|1 cup cilantro|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup cheese, (shredded, your preference)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1/3 cup peanut oil|
|1/2 cup onion, (diced)|
- Whisk together milk and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour peanut oil in a skillet, turn heat to medium-high. After hot, place tortilla strips in and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once half way through. Remove tortilla strips and let dry on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 table spoons of oil from skillet. Toss in the onion and jalapeños. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips and egg mixture to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese in top and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve eggs and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >