For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Scrambled Eggs with Tortilla Strips and Veggies (Migas)
Rate this Recipe
A true Tex-Mex breakfast cuisine favorite.
|4 corn tortillas, (cut into strips)|
|2 cups salsa|
|4 jalapeño peppers, (diced)|
|1 cup cilantro|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup cheese, (shredded, your preference)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1/3 cup peanut oil|
|1/2 cup onion, (diced)|
- Whisk together milk and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour peanut oil in a skillet, turn heat to medium-high. After hot, place tortilla strips in and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once half way through. Remove tortilla strips and let dry on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 table spoons of oil from skillet. Toss in the onion and jalapeños. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips and egg mixture to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese in top and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve eggs and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >