For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Scrambled Eggs with Tortilla Strips and Veggies (Migas)
Rate this Recipe
A true Tex-Mex breakfast cuisine favorite.
|4 corn tortillas, (cut into strips)|
|2 cups salsa|
|4 jalapeño peppers, (diced)|
|1 cup cilantro|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|1 cup cheese, (shredded, your preference)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
|1/3 cup peanut oil|
|1/2 cup onion, (diced)|
- Whisk together milk and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour peanut oil in a skillet, turn heat to medium-high. After hot, place tortilla strips in and cook for 3 minutes, flipping once half way through. Remove tortilla strips and let dry on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 table spoons of oil from skillet. Toss in the onion and jalapeños. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips and egg mixture to the skillet, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cheese in top and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve eggs and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >