For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Layered Hash Browns with Mixed Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
A hearty and delicious way to start the day.
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 1/2 cup ham, diced|
|8 cups hash browns|
|1/2 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 jalapeño, seeded and diced|
|1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated|
|Canola oil, for frying|
|Salt, to taste|
|20 potato wedges|
|Pepper, to taste|
|1 onion, diced|
|4 tablespoons butter|
- Separate hash browns and potato wedges, fry up in separate skillets. Cook until both are golden brown. Keep warm while other ingredients are prepared.
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet, melt and toss in red bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, green bell pepper and ham. Toss a few times.
- Combine hash browns and vegetable mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and gently toss together. Turn heat to low, let cheese melt.
- In a separate skillet, melt remaining butter and add eggs. Fry eggs to desired consistency. Separate into four sections.
- Dish out cheese covered hash browns/vegetable mixture onto four plates. Place potato wedges on top, then lay eggs on top.
- Serve with salsa or Pico de Gallo and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
Traditional dishes to enjoy during Easter.
Delicious recipes to make your Easter celebration great. A variety of dishes that's sure to put a smile on everyone's face. View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >