For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Deliciously Sweet Apple Pie Pancakes
Rate this Recipe
Make a batch of these confectionary delights as an entree or dessert.
|1 cup apples, (grated and peeled)|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter, (melted, more for skillet)|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/8 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|Maple syrup, (for serving)|
- Combine cinnamon, sugar, salt, flour, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, vanilla and egg.
- Combine the two bowls of ingredients together, mix evenly and then fold apples into batter.
- Warm the skillet on medium heat, drop in butter and melt.
- Scoop a small amount of batter into the skillet, cook 2 minutes per side. They should be golden brown. Continue until batter is used up.
- Place the pancakes onto a baking sheet, keep warm until ready to serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >