For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet and Smoky Roasted Turkey
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 turkey
Slow roasted turkey is juicy, tender and utterly succulent.
|12 oz honey|
|1/2 pound mesquite wood chips|
|2 tablespoons ground black pepper|
|1 turkey, (12-20 lb.)|
|2 tablespoons celery salt|
|2 tablespoons basil, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons sage, (chopped)|
- Soak wood chips for at least 1 hour before using.
- Turn the grill to high heat or double the amount of coals if using charcoal. Place wood chips in pan, set it next to the grill.
- Remove unwanted parts from turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey off and pat dry. Place into a roasting pan.
- Combine basil, black pepper, vegetable oil, sage and celery salt in a mixing bowl. Baste the entire turkey with the mixture. Flip turkey around and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the turkey in the grill and place the woodchip pan in the grill, or toss a handful of chips onto the coals. Close lid and cook for an hour.
- After an hour, toss more chips into the fire and drizzle honey on top of the turkey. Replace the foil tent and close lid again. Cook for 2 more hours.
- After two hours, remove aluminum and pour the rest of the honey on top of the turkey, then place lid back on and cook 15 more minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >