For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet and Smoky Roasted Turkey
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 turkey
Slow roasted turkey is juicy, tender and utterly succulent.
|12 oz honey|
|1/2 pound mesquite wood chips|
|2 tablespoons ground black pepper|
|1 turkey, (12-20 lb.)|
|2 tablespoons celery salt|
|2 tablespoons basil, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons sage, (chopped)|
- Soak wood chips for at least 1 hour before using.
- Turn the grill to high heat or double the amount of coals if using charcoal. Place wood chips in pan, set it next to the grill.
- Remove unwanted parts from turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey off and pat dry. Place into a roasting pan.
- Combine basil, black pepper, vegetable oil, sage and celery salt in a mixing bowl. Baste the entire turkey with the mixture. Flip turkey around and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the turkey in the grill and place the woodchip pan in the grill, or toss a handful of chips onto the coals. Close lid and cook for an hour.
- After an hour, toss more chips into the fire and drizzle honey on top of the turkey. Replace the foil tent and close lid again. Cook for 2 more hours.
- After two hours, remove aluminum and pour the rest of the honey on top of the turkey, then place lid back on and cook 15 more minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >