For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Full-flavored Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, (cut into slices)|
|4 oz ham, (cooked, cut into bite-size pieces)|
|1/2 cup celery, (diced)|
|30 oz beans, (ranch-style)|
|1 cup onion, (diced)|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|20 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >