For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Full-flavored Southwest Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
One bowl is enough for even the hungriest person.
|4 oz sausage, (cut into slices)|
|4 oz ham, (cooked, cut into bite-size pieces)|
|1/2 cup celery, (diced)|
|30 oz beans, (ranch-style)|
|1 cup onion, (diced)|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 cup white rice|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|20 oz tomatoes, (diced)|
- Pour olive oil into a sauce pan, heat on medium setting.
- Place green pepper, celery and onion in pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, sauté for additional minute and then add in sausage, rice and ham. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir ingredients frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, add in chicken broth and tomatoes, sprinkle in thyme. Bring saucepan to a boil and then turn down heat. Place lid on top and let simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Mix in the beans after cooking, stir, heat and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >