For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chopped Apples and Pork Chops In Apple Cider
Rate this Recipe
A perfect blend of taste and texture, creating an unforgettable dish.
|10 pork chops, (boneless)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|6 apples, (red or green variety, cored and cut into wedges)|
|1 1/2 cups apple cider|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1 cup water|
- Turn oven to 425° F.
- Combine brown sugar, water and apples in a mixing bowl. Toss together and arrange apples on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and roast for 10 minutes. (Set liquid aside)
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet, turn heat to medium-high.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork chops. Place pork chops in the skillet and cook 3-5 minutes per side. They should be golden brown.
- After cooking in skillet, transfer pork chops to baking sheet. Roast 5-6 minutes.
- Turn heat on skillet down to medium, pour in apple cider. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove pork chops, place on serving plates.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over pork chops. Arrange apples on plate.
- Drizzle the pan sauce on pork chops and apples.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >