For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chopped Apples and Pork Chops In Apple Cider
Rate this Recipe
A perfect blend of taste and texture, creating an unforgettable dish.
|10 pork chops, (boneless)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|6 apples, (red or green variety, cored and cut into wedges)|
|1 1/2 cups apple cider|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|1 cup water|
- Turn oven to 425° F.
- Combine brown sugar, water and apples in a mixing bowl. Toss together and arrange apples on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and roast for 10 minutes. (Set liquid aside)
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet, turn heat to medium-high.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over pork chops. Place pork chops in the skillet and cook 3-5 minutes per side. They should be golden brown.
- After cooking in skillet, transfer pork chops to baking sheet. Roast 5-6 minutes.
- Turn heat on skillet down to medium, pour in apple cider. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove pork chops, place on serving plates.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over pork chops. Arrange apples on plate.
- Drizzle the pan sauce on pork chops and apples.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >