For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Puffs
Rate this Recipe
A fantastic way to start your morning.
|1 cup milk|
|3 cups flour|
|2 1/2 cups sugar|
|3 teaspoons baking powder|
|3 teaspoons cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 sticks butter|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|2/3 cup shortening|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 12-count muffin tin.
- Combine salt, flour, nutmeg and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine shortening and 1 cup sugar, mix together well. Add in the eggs and mix again. Lastly add the milk, beat well the add flour mixture, beat well.
- Fill each muffin tin with mixture. Place in oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter in a safe bowl, pour in cinnamon and remaining sugar. Stir together and then top each muffin with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
|Course:||Side, breakfast, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >