For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Texas-Sized Brunch with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
This dish has a hearty portion of everything in a traditional breakfast, eggs, bacon, milk with cornbread. Enough to fill even the hungriest person!
|1 loaf cornbread|
|3 cups Cheddar cheese, (shredded)|
|8 oz bacon|
|6 green onions, (chopped)|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups milk|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Fill a medium with water, place in eggs and bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes. Discard water and peel boiled eggs. Chop in to small chunks.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, cook until crispy. Place on paper towel, once cool crumble bacon in small pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Pour in flour and whisk together, pour in milk and whisk until thickened.
- Add in 2 cups cheese, and eggs. Stir together then add salt, sour cream, pepper and cayenne. Stir all ingredients together, keep warm.
- Slice cornbread into 6 pieces. Spoon on a large portion of warm ingredients onto each cornbread slice. Top off with back, remaining cheese and green onion.
|Course:||Brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >