For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Country Fried Pork Chops in Gravy
Rate this Recipe
A southern-style favorite that is filling and wholesome.
|8 pork chops, (boneless)|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 cup milk|
|Vegetable cooking spray|
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Pour in oil.
- Pour 14 tablespoons of flour into a wide dish. (All but 2 tablespoons)
- In a bowl, mix together pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Dip pork chops in mixture, coating both sides.
- Pour buttermilk into a big bowl, dip pork chops in buttermilk then in flour. Spray with cooking spray after coating. Repeat until all pork chops are battered.
- Place battered pork chops in hot oil, cook 5 minutes per side, a golden brown color when finished. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to cool. Repeat until pork chops are finished cooking.
- After all the pork chops are cooked, pour remaining flour in oiled skillet, add salt and milk. Stir ingredients together until thickened and bubbling. Serve with fried pork chops as sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >