For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Country Fried Pork Chops in Gravy
Rate this Recipe
A southern-style favorite that is filling and wholesome.
|8 pork chops, (boneless)|
|3 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 cup milk|
|Vegetable cooking spray|
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Pour in oil.
- Pour 14 tablespoons of flour into a wide dish. (All but 2 tablespoons)
- In a bowl, mix together pepper, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Dip pork chops in mixture, coating both sides.
- Pour buttermilk into a big bowl, dip pork chops in buttermilk then in flour. Spray with cooking spray after coating. Repeat until all pork chops are battered.
- Place battered pork chops in hot oil, cook 5 minutes per side, a golden brown color when finished. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to cool. Repeat until pork chops are finished cooking.
- After all the pork chops are cooked, pour remaining flour in oiled skillet, add salt and milk. Stir ingredients together until thickened and bubbling. Serve with fried pork chops as sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >