For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grilled Red Potato Salad
Rate this Recipe
Make a big batch of these scrumptious potatoes for the whole family. It’s sure to be a big hit, with the slightly sweeter red potato in the mix.
|2 green onions, (thinly sliced)|
|2 teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|3 lbs red potatoes, (scrubbed)|
|1/2 cup bleu cheese, (crumbled)|
|1/2 teaspoons pepper|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 1/4 tablespoons kosher salt|
|1/4 cup sherry vinegar|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|1 shallot, (finely chopped)|
|14 oz watercress, (coarsely chopped)|
- Fill saucepot with water, pour in 2 tablespoons salt and add potatoes, bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat to medium and boil additional 10-20 minutes. (Potatoes should be cooked but not soft, a little resistance when poked.) Drain water and set aside on countertop up to 4 hours.
- As potatoes are boiling, mix together bleu cheese, vinegar, shallot, olive oil and mustard. Whisk until evenly mixed. Place in refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill, turn to high heat.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Brush with extra-virgin olive oil. After oiled, sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Grill potatoes 5-10 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Spread out watercress on plate, top with green onions and grilled potatoes. Lightly coat with vinaigrette.