For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Fantastic Homemade Twinkies
Rate this Recipe
Missing your favorite childhood treat? Try making this indulgent recipe for a delicious dessert.
|2 teaspoons hot water, (for filling)|
|2/3 cup cold water, (for cake)|
|4 egg whites|
|2 cups marshmallow créme|
|1/3 cup powder sugar|
|1 box pound cake mix|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Spray canoe pan with non-stick cooking spray. (If no canoe pan is available, tear off a 12 inch square of aluminum foil. Fold in half and place spice bottle in middle, roll foil around bottle, closing ends up and then remove bottle. Top of foil should be open. Spray with non-stick cooking spray place on baking sheet. Repeat process nine more times.)
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, combine water and cake mix. Mix together until evenly blended. Fold in eggs and mix until fully combined.
- Place an even amount of batter in each mold. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack.
- Mix together salt and hot water until salt dissolves.
- Beat together powdered sugar, marshmallow, vanilla and shortening until fluffy and light. Pour in salt solution, beat for 1 minute.
- Poke three holes into cakes with a skewer. Use piping bag with small tip to fill cakes. (If no piping bag is available, use a plastic bag, sealing all but a small corner, cut edge of bag if needed. The opening should be small but manageable.)
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >