For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Outstanding Blackberry Crumb Cake
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A sweet berry cake that’s topped with brown sugar and pecans, simply delicious!
|10 tablespoons butter, (add more for pan)|
|1 pound blackberries|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 1/4 cups flour|
|1/2 cup pecans, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter baking pan.
- In blender, mix together flour, brown sugar, 2 table spoons butter and pecans, until crumbly. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In blender, mix remaining butter, sugar, salt, baking power, cinnamon and flour, until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and milk together. Add cinnamon, sugar mix to bowl and blend together.
- Add mixture to baking pan. Top with pecan mixture and blackberries. Bake 60 minutes. Let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >