For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Outstanding Blackberry Crumb Cake
Rate this Recipe
A sweet berry cake that’s topped with brown sugar and pecans, simply delicious!
|10 tablespoons butter, (add more for pan)|
|1 pound blackberries|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 1/4 cups flour|
|1/2 cup pecans, (crushed)|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter baking pan.
- In blender, mix together flour, brown sugar, 2 table spoons butter and pecans, until crumbly. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In blender, mix remaining butter, sugar, salt, baking power, cinnamon and flour, until crumbly.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and milk together. Add cinnamon, sugar mix to bowl and blend together.
- Add mixture to baking pan. Top with pecan mixture and blackberries. Bake 60 minutes. Let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >