For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Divine Raspberry & Peach Shortcakes
Rate this Recipe
A satisfying sweet summer treat. The blend of textures makes this a delightful dessert. Rich in flavor and complexity, a surefire crowd pleaser.
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 sticks butter|
|1/2 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
|3 eggs, (lightly beaten)|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon sugar, (plus extra for sprinkling)|
|1 tablespoon milk, (for egg wash)|
|16 oz. raspberries|
|2 peaches, (peeled, pitted and thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Blend butter into mix, until clumps for to size of peas. Mix in cream and eggs until blended.
- On floured surface, pour dough and flatten to ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg with milk and beat. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle sugar on top, and then bake for about 25 minutes (outsides are crisp), allow cooling afterward.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream and sugar, until slightly rigid. Add vanilla and mix to stiffen.
- With cooled biscuits, break in half, putting fruit on bottom and whipped cream on top. Ready to serve!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >