For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Divine Raspberry & Peach Shortcakes
Rate this Recipe
A satisfying sweet summer treat. The blend of textures makes this a delightful dessert. Rich in flavor and complexity, a surefire crowd pleaser.
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 sticks butter|
|1/2 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
|3 eggs, (lightly beaten)|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon sugar, (plus extra for sprinkling)|
|1 tablespoon milk, (for egg wash)|
|16 oz. raspberries|
|2 peaches, (peeled, pitted and thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Blend butter into mix, until clumps for to size of peas. Mix in cream and eggs until blended.
- On floured surface, pour dough and flatten to ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg with milk and beat. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle sugar on top, and then bake for about 25 minutes (outsides are crisp), allow cooling afterward.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream and sugar, until slightly rigid. Add vanilla and mix to stiffen.
- With cooled biscuits, break in half, putting fruit on bottom and whipped cream on top. Ready to serve!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >