For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Divine Raspberry & Peach Shortcakes
Rate this Recipe
A satisfying sweet summer treat. The blend of textures makes this a delightful dessert. Rich in flavor and complexity, a surefire crowd pleaser.
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/2 sticks butter|
|1/2 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
|3 eggs, (lightly beaten)|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon sugar, (plus extra for sprinkling)|
|1 tablespoon milk, (for egg wash)|
|16 oz. raspberries|
|2 peaches, (peeled, pitted and thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup heavy cream, (chilled)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In mixing bowl, sift in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Blend butter into mix, until clumps for to size of peas. Mix in cream and eggs until blended.
- On floured surface, pour dough and flatten to ¾ inch thickness. Cut out biscuits, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg with milk and beat. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle sugar on top, and then bake for about 25 minutes (outsides are crisp), allow cooling afterward.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream and sugar, until slightly rigid. Add vanilla and mix to stiffen.
- With cooled biscuits, break in half, putting fruit on bottom and whipped cream on top. Ready to serve!
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >