For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Rib Roast with Herb Crust
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
This juicy roast takes very little effort to prepare.
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|Coarse salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and sage|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1 boneless rib-eye roast, 2 1/2lb.|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl and then season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and olive oil and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper; place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board; spread horseradish mixture onto one side of roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make it stick. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 140 degrees F (medium-rare).
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >