For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sticky and Sweet Grilled Drumsticks
Rate this Recipe
This recipe will become a new summertime favorite.
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1 1/2 cups dry red wine|
|2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup dark-brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons|
|8 chicken drumsticks, skin on|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- In a saucepan, bring soy sauce, wine, ginger, garlic and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 40 minutes or until mixture is about as thick as honey. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Using a paring knife, make two diagonal slits through the skin and flesh of each drumstick, on each side.
- Prepare grill for medium-low heat.
- Place drumsticks on grill then brush with sauce. Close grill lid and cook drumsticks for 4 minutes. Turn drumsticks over then brush with more sauce. Continue cooking drumsticks for about 20 minutes more, until cooked through, turning and brushing with sauce every 5 minutes.
- Season with salt then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >