For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sticky and Sweet Grilled Drumsticks
Rate this Recipe
This recipe will become a new summertime favorite.
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1 1/2 cups dry red wine|
|2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup dark-brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons|
|8 chicken drumsticks, skin on|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- In a saucepan, bring soy sauce, wine, ginger, garlic and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 40 minutes or until mixture is about as thick as honey. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Using a paring knife, make two diagonal slits through the skin and flesh of each drumstick, on each side.
- Prepare grill for medium-low heat.
- Place drumsticks on grill then brush with sauce. Close grill lid and cook drumsticks for 4 minutes. Turn drumsticks over then brush with more sauce. Continue cooking drumsticks for about 20 minutes more, until cooked through, turning and brushing with sauce every 5 minutes.
- Season with salt then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Get Your Grill On!
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >