For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sticky and Sweet Grilled Drumsticks
Rate this Recipe
This recipe will become a new summertime favorite.
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|1 1/2 cups dry red wine|
|2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup dark-brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons|
|8 chicken drumsticks, skin on|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
- In a saucepan, bring soy sauce, wine, ginger, garlic and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 40 minutes or until mixture is about as thick as honey. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Using a paring knife, make two diagonal slits through the skin and flesh of each drumstick, on each side.
- Prepare grill for medium-low heat.
- Place drumsticks on grill then brush with sauce. Close grill lid and cook drumsticks for 4 minutes. Turn drumsticks over then brush with more sauce. Continue cooking drumsticks for about 20 minutes more, until cooked through, turning and brushing with sauce every 5 minutes.
- Season with salt then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Get Your Grill On!
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >