For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Mexican-food-themed parties.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon ancho chili powder|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|Coarse salt and black pepper|
|Corn or flour tortillas|
|Garnishes: lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef; cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain excess oil.
- Add chopped bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook for about 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add water to skillet; continue cooking until vegetables have softened and water has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and black pepper then serve by spooning onto tortillas.
- Serve with lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >