For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Mexican-food-themed parties.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon ancho chili powder|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|Coarse salt and black pepper|
|Tortillas, corn or flour|
|Garnishes: lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef; cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain excess oil.
- Add chopped bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook for about 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add water to skillet; continue cooking until vegetables have softened and water has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and black pepper then serve by spooning onto tortillas.
- Serve with lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >