For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Mexican-food-themed parties.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon ancho chili powder|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|Coarse salt and black pepper|
|Tortillas, corn or flour|
|Garnishes: lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef; cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain excess oil.
- Add chopped bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook for about 3-5 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add water to skillet; continue cooking until vegetables have softened and water has evaporated, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste; stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and black pepper then serve by spooning onto tortillas.
- Serve with lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >