For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Skillet-Cooked Steak Fajitas
Rate this Recipe
You can't go wrong with steak fajitas.
|1 lb. flank steak, trimmed of fat|
|2 teaspoons chili powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper strips|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper strips|
|2 cups sliced onion|
|4 flour tortillas, 8-inch|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|Salsa, for serving|
- Cut steak into thin strips, slicing diagonally across the grain.
- Place steak, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, ground red pepper, salt and black pepper in a heavy-duty plastic bag; seal shut then turn to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil in skillet. Add steak, bell peppers and onion to skillet and sauté until steak is done, about 6 minutes.
- While steak is cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven.
- When steak is finished cooking, remove from heat then spritz with lime juice. Evenly divide steak mixture atop warmed tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs then serve with sour cream and salsa.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >