For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Baked Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
This year-round favorite is great to serve for an everyday meal, on a picnic, or for many other occasions.
|2 chicken breasts|
|2 chicken drumsticks|
|2 chicken thighs|
|2 chicken wings|
|3/4 cup buttermilk|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine chicken pieces and buttermilk; seal and place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In another large re-sealable plastic bag, combine flour, red pepper, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Add chicken, one piece at a time, to flour mixture; shake bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken, shake off excess flour then lightly spray chicken piece with cooking spray. Return chicken piece to flour mixture to coat a second time; shake bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken, shake off excess flour then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat process until all chicken pieces are coated with flour and on baking sheet.
- Lightly coat chicken pieces with cooking spray then bake until done, about 35 minutes, turning once, after the first 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >