For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Baked Fried Chicken
Rate this Recipe
This year-round favorite is great to serve for an everyday meal, on a picnic, or for many other occasions.
|2 chicken breasts|
|2 chicken drumsticks|
|2 chicken thighs|
|2 chicken wings|
|3/4 cup buttermilk|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine chicken pieces and buttermilk; seal and place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In another large re-sealable plastic bag, combine flour, red pepper, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Add chicken, one piece at a time, to flour mixture; shake bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken, shake off excess flour then lightly spray chicken piece with cooking spray. Return chicken piece to flour mixture to coat a second time; shake bag to coat chicken. Remove chicken, shake off excess flour then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat process until all chicken pieces are coated with flour and on baking sheet.
- Lightly coat chicken pieces with cooking spray then bake until done, about 35 minutes, turning once, after the first 15 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >