For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
This pasta dish will be a huge hit at the dinner table.
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, hot or sweet, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1 tablespoon basil, dried|
|1 can tomatoes, diced, juices reserved|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnishing|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden, about 45 seconds.
- Add sausage to skillet then stir and cook for about 8 minutes, until just browned.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet then stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost tender.
- Mix in oregano, basil, and tomatoes with juices. Season with salt and pepper; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour over pasta, toss together then serve with grated Parmesan.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >