For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Penne Pasta with Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
Rate this Recipe
This pasta dish will be a huge hit at the dinner table.
|1 lb. penne pasta|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, hot or sweet, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1 tablespoon basil, dried|
|1 can tomatoes, diced, juices reserved|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnishing|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet set over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until lightly golden, about 45 seconds.
- Add sausage to skillet then stir and cook for about 8 minutes, until just browned.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet then stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost tender.
- Mix in oregano, basil, and tomatoes with juices. Season with salt and pepper; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour over pasta, toss together then serve with grated Parmesan.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >