For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Rump Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serve up comfort with a falling-to-pieces pot roast.
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|3 lb. beef rump roast, cut in half|
|4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2 onions, sliced|
|5 tablespoons horseradish sauce|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/3 cup cold water|
- Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add meat to skillet; brown on all sides and then drain.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker and then top with onions and meat.
- In a bowl, stir together the horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and celery salt; pour mixture over meat.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cover; cook ingredients until meat and vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker on high and cover; cook until gravy is thickened, about 30 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >