For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Rump Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serve up comfort with a falling-to-pieces pot roast.
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|3 lb. beef rump roast, cut in half|
|4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks|
|4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|2 onions, sliced|
|5 tablespoons horseradish sauce|
|1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2 cup water|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/3 cup cold water|
- Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add meat to skillet; brown on all sides and then drain.
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker and then top with onions and meat.
- In a bowl, stir together the horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and celery salt; pour mixture over meat.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cover; cook ingredients until meat and vegetables are tender, about 10 to 12 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to slow cooker and stir. Turn slow cooker on high and cover; cook until gravy is thickened, about 30 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >