For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pork Dumplings with Homemade Dipping Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Small package, big flavor.
|1/2 lb. lean ground pork|
|1 cup Chinese (Napa) cabbage, finely shredded|
|1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped|
|2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 cup green onions, chopped|
|2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|1 package wonton wrappers|
|2 cups water, divided|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce|
|2 teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2 teaspoon ginger, peeled, grated|
- For wontons, In a bowl, stir pork, cabbage, chestnuts, ginger, garlic, onions, soy sauce, and sesame oil together until blended.
- Remove wonton wrappers from package and cover with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.
- Working with one wonton wrapper at time, spoon about 1 teaspoon of filling into the center of each wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water then bring 2 opposite corners together, pinching points together to seal. Bring the remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch all four corners together to seal. Place the dumpling, pinched side up, on a platter. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling until 60 dumplings are formed. Spray dumplings with cooking spray.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 15 dumplings, pinched sides up, in pan; cook until browned, about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup water to pan then cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until liquid evaporates. Remove dumplings from pan; keep warm. Repeat process with remaining dumplings and water. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- For dipping sauce, combine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger in a small bowl; whisk well.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >