For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Gluten-Free Brownies
Rate this Recipe
You'll love these gluten-free brownies. They're full of fantastic flavor!
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|4 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks|
|1/4 cup prune puree|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3/4 cup almond flour|
|1 egg white|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil and include a 2-inch overhang. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan with one inch of water. Set saucepan over low heat, and bring water to a simmer.
- Set bowl with butter and chocolate over simmering water; stir until ingredients are melted. Remove bowl and saucepan from heat.
- Whisk prune puree, egg, egg white, vanilla, sugar and salt into bowl with melted chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate, medium bowl, sift together cocoa and flour. Stir into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared foil-lined baking pan; bake for about 30 minutes or until top is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan. Using the foil overhang, lift brownie from pan and peel off foil. Cut into 16 squares using a serrated knife.