For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Gluten-Free Brownies
Rate this Recipe
You'll love these gluten-free brownies. They're full of fantastic flavor!
|2 tablespoons butter, (unsalted)|
|4 oz. semisweet chocolate, (broken into chunks)|
|1/4 cup prune puree|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/3 cup cocoa powder, (unsweetened)|
|3/4 cup flour|
|1 egg white|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil and include a 2-inch overhang. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl; set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan with one inch of water. Set saucepan over low heat, and bring water to a simmer.
- Set bowl with butter and chocolate over simmering water; stir until ingredients are melted. Remove bowl and saucepan from heat.
- Whisk prune puree, egg, egg white, vanilla, sugar and salt into bowl with melted chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate, medium bowl, sift together cocoa and flour. Stir into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared foil-lined baking pan; bake for about 30 minutes or until top is firm and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan. Using the foil overhang, lift brownie from pan and peel off foil. Cut into 16 squares using a serrated knife.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >