For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bacon, Lettuce and Nectarine Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
The classic BLT with a sweet twist.
|1/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped|
|2 tablespoons Lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped|
|1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves|
|4 slices white bread|
|3 nectarines, pitted and sliced|
|6 slices bacon, cooked|
|Lettuce leaves, for garnish|
- Place salt and garlic in a mortar and pestle; mash until a paste forms.
- Add mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice, sage, and thyme to mortar, and stir ingredients to combine.
- Toast bread. Spread mayonnaise mixture onto all 4 slices of bread.
- Spritz nectarines with lemon juice, to taste, and evenly divide nectarine slices between 2 slices of bread. Place cooked bacon atop nectarine slices.
- Top with lettuce leaves and remaining bread. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Get Your Grill On!
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >