For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Homemade Cheese Sticks
Rate this Recipe
Two words...Absolutely Delicious!
|1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese|
|1 cup flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper, ground|
|1 cup breadcrumbs, fine and dry|
|1 teaspoon parsley, dried|
|Marinara sauce, for serving|
- Cut cheese crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces, and then lay slices flat and cut in half lengthwise.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
- In a second bowl, combine flour and red pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Dip cheese in beaten eggs. Dredge cheese in flour mixture. Dip cheese back in beaten eggs. Roll cheese in breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly so that breadcrumbs stick. Set cheese sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375° F. Fry cheese sticks until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >