For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Breasts with Lemon Linguine and Leeks
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this flavorful and healthy dish any night of the week.
|6 oz linguine, cooked according to package directions and without salt and fat|
|1/4 cup flour|
|4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- Place flour in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap then pound with a small heavy skillet to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep chicken warm.
- Melt another 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add leek, garlic and remaining salt to skillet and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add juice and broth to skillet; cook ingredients until liquid is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter then add pasta to skillet; toss ingredients well to combine.
- Serve chicken over pasta mixture, sprinkle with parsley then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >