For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Breasts with Lemon Linguine and Leeks
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this flavorful and healthy dish any night of the week.
|6 oz linguine, cooked according to package directions and without salt and fat|
|1/4 cup flour|
|4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- Place flour in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap then pound with a small heavy skillet to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep chicken warm.
- Melt another 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add leek, garlic and remaining salt to skillet and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add juice and broth to skillet; cook ingredients until liquid is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter then add pasta to skillet; toss ingredients well to combine.
- Serve chicken over pasta mixture, sprinkle with parsley then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >