For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Breasts with Lemon Linguine and Leeks
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this flavorful and healthy dish any night of the week.
|6 oz linguine, cooked according to package directions and without salt and fat|
|1/4 cup flour|
|4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- Place flour in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap then pound with a small heavy skillet to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep chicken warm.
- Melt another 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add leek, garlic and remaining salt to skillet and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add juice and broth to skillet; cook ingredients until liquid is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter then add pasta to skillet; toss ingredients well to combine.
- Serve chicken over pasta mixture, sprinkle with parsley then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >