For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Breasts with Lemon Linguine and Leeks
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this flavorful and healthy dish any night of the week.
|6 oz linguine, cooked according to package directions and without salt and fat|
|1/4 cup flour|
|4 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless|
|1/2 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 leek, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise, and thinly sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
- Place flour in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap then pound with a small heavy skillet to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep chicken warm.
- Melt another 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet.
- Add leek, garlic and remaining salt to skillet and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add juice and broth to skillet; cook ingredients until liquid is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter then add pasta to skillet; toss ingredients well to combine.
- Serve chicken over pasta mixture, sprinkle with parsley then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >