For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A tasty side dish for any meal!
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 1/4 lbs eggplant, cut into a small dice|
|1 medium onion, chopped fine|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped fine|
|1/2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped fine|
|1/4 cup capers, drained and chopped|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/4 cup pignolis (pine nuts), toasted|
|1 cup ripe tomatoes (preferably Italian plum), diced|
|to taste Sugar|
|1/4 cup Italian flat-leafed parsley, chopped fine|
- Heat half the olive oil in a skillet over high heat and cook the eggplant for about five minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the eggplant and place in a bowl. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the oil to the skillet.
- When it is hot add the onion and celery and cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the olives, the capers, the vinegar, the sugar, the raisins, the pine nuts and the tomatoes.
- Cover the pan and cook for another ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add everything to the eggplant. Stir in the parsley. For best results, let the caponata cool and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Serve with small toasts (bruschetta), with your favorite pasta, or as a compliment to polenta.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >